Snorkeling tour in Puerto Morelos

This section will host different posts of things to do in Cancun and the surrounding area including the Riviera Maya and parts of Yucatan like Chichen Itza, Valladolid, Rio Lagartos, etc

Moderator: Cancun Manny

Cancun Manny

Snorkeling tour in Puerto Morelos

Post by Cancun Manny » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:51 pm

Puerto Morelos is a small town just south of Cancun, about 30 minutes away.

One of the main reasons to visit Puerto Morelos would be to do one of the snorkeling tours there. Cost is $25 to $30, depending on the season. It includes the boat ride to the reef, a local guide, and the snorkeling gear.

The reefs in Cancun have been abused for many years because of the large crowds that visit day after day. The snorkeling tours out of Puerto Morelos don't get nearly as many visitors, making it a much better snorkeling spot. The snorkeling tour usually consists of two different parts of the reef, and last about 1.5 to 2 hours.

You can make it to the pier on your own, then hire one of the local snorkeling tours, or you could hire me either with a private tour, or with our per hour transportation service, and we could set you guys up. The town of Puerto Morelos is relatively small, but it does have a nice market where you can purchase some souvenirs. For meals, if you are looking for a nice setting, you might consider El Pelicano which offers seafood, or La Panza es Primero, which seem to have a bit of everything including some classic Mexican dishes. Both of these spots are ocean front. I personally like to eat at La Petita, where they specialize in seafood, but their fried fish is the best fried fish I've ever had.
I do put a lot of time and effort to provide much detailed information to help you have a great time while in Cancun. If you feel I provided you with valuable useful information and want to reward me, why not buy me a beer? Cancun Manny