Cancun Airport Transfers

This section will be for the genaral talk, as the name indiates. I want to keep my forum as organized as possible, so this is where the "other" stuff will go.

Moderator: Cancun Manny

Cancun Manny

Cancun Airport Transfers

Post by Cancun Manny » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:29 pm

So which are the best airport transfers in Cancun?

This is a question that often pops up on the Trip Advisor forums, and I am not allowed to answer the question there. The so called TA experts of Cancun all seem to recommend USA transfers, and for some unknown reason they are not willing to try anyone else.

There are many good airport transfers companies, in fact USA transfers subcontracts many other transfer companies to help them out because they do generate a lot of business, and some of the companies they subcontract out are the ones I work with.

My company, CancunWithMe.com is very small, no one in the industry seems to know us, yet in the last 5 years I have become a trend setter.

Why should you book airport transfers with us:

1) We are a small company that doesn't deal with hundreds of transfers per week, so you won't get lost in the shuffle, and we will be able to offer personalizes service.
2) Although our driver's wont offer your beers and drinks (see why underneath) we can offer a complimentary stop at a local convenience store for you to purchase some drinks foryou to enjoy before heading to your resort
3) You can rent a local cell phone service through us, and have it delivered at time of pickup
4) We don't play around with our rates depending on the number of passengers. A van is a van so why have different prices depending on your group size?
5) We offer competitive rates, and we offer savings when people bundle our services.

Some drivers (not the ones from USA transfers) sell beers and other alcoholic drinks to their passengers. This used to be very popular, and many guests welcomed this service. However this is a very illegal practice. Basically, in order to sell alcohol in Mexico, you are required to have a liquor license, which the drivers don't have. Giving free beers in exchange for tips is somewhat in the gray area, some operators do it this way, but I suggest my drivers stay out of trouble, and instead offer our guests a complimentary stop at a convenience store hoping guests will value their gesture and reward them with a bigger tip.

Non alcoholic drinks are not an issue, the advantage of making a stop at a local convenience store is that they have a much larger selection. My suggestion would be to try a local drink, something you wouldn't be able to try in your home country. Resorts tend to play it safe, and offer the classic name brands like Coke. So go ahead and take a chance on some weird looking local drink, worse case scenario you will end up wasting about 50 cents on a local drink you didn't enjoy.

There is no extra charge in case you want to make a stop at the convenience store, but we do ask that you take the drivers extra time into account when considering the tip amount.

About 8 years ago or so, regular cars could get tourism plates, so groups of 2 or 3 passengers could get picked up with these smaller cars. That is why back then, there were different rates for smaller groups (cars are cheaper than vans). Now a days, only vehicles that can carry 7 or more passengers can get tourism plates. So basically, same vans are used to pickup groups of 2 or groups of 5. Transportation vans do pay a fee at the airport to pickup passengers, but the fee is paid by time spent at the airport, not per number of passengers picked up. Basically, companies that charge different fees depending on group size are not doing so based on actual costs. (Sure they could make the argument that the heavier the van the more gas it uses, but the argument wouldn't be enough to substantiate the price difference)

Our “apples to apples” rates are very competitive. For those companies that offer 1 to 3 passengers rates, they tend to be a bit lower than our rates in that category, since we offer a flat rate for the whole van. However, if you book other services with us, we usually waive the $10 deposit for the airport transfers, which makes us the lowest published rates that I know off, even when compared to the 1 to 3 passenger rates.

I have been in business for over 5 years, and I invite you to read my reviews on Trip Advisor so you can convince yourself of how good we really are. I am not some random company that will take your deposit, then leave you stranded at the airport.

I do encourage folks to copy and paste this onto any public forums, or refrence this link in order to help other folks find the best value for their up coming trip! My marketing campaign is honesty, and I hope my readers are the ones that help me spread the word.
I do put a lot of time and effort to provide much detailed information to help you have a great time while in Cancun. If you feel I provided you with valuable useful information and want to reward me, why not buy me a beer? Cancun Manny