semi-private tour?

You have questions, I might have answers. Just log in or register and post your question.

Moderator: Cancun Manny

joe545

semi-private tour?

Post by joe545 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:39 pm

Hi

Great site and I'd love to tour with you to Chichen Itza but with just the two of us, it isn't so economical. I'm wondering, if you organise so-called semi-private tours? We are looking to visit Chichen Itza at some point between the 30th June and 7th July

Cancun Manny

Re: semi-private tour?

Post by Cancun Manny » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:44 pm

Hello Joe,

I did have to pull the plug on the Long Chichen tour, which was one of our semi private tours. Remember, the big advantage of a private tour is that you get to set your own pace, once you put more than two different groups together you start losing some freedom. For example, some groups like to do lots of shopping at Chichen Itza, while others once the sun starts heating up the place, they want to leave. Couple of times I've been caught in the middle, and it is not fun for me, as both groups are paying us, so hard to decide what to do.

Now, instead of us getting involved with putting different groups together so they can share the costs, we encourge folks to put the groups together. In the past some have put posts on Trip Advisor, to see if others will be in the area and want to share the van, while others have actually recruited people they've met at the ressort.

We don't charge extra to do pickups at different resorts. The 14 hours start from the pickup for the first groups, and clock stops ticking one we drop off the 2nd group. I would be happy to help you guys come up with an itinerary to include the stops you guys want to make, but it would be up to you guys to keep up with the time, and rush one another if needed.
I do put a lot of time and effort to provide much detailed information to help you have a great time while in Cancun. If you feel I provided you with valuable useful information and want to reward me, why not buy me a beer? Cancun Manny